Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Snow days


The more it snows (Tiddely pom),
The more it goes (Tiddely pom),
The more it goes (Tiddely pom),
On snowing.

And nobody knows (Tiddely pom),
How cold my toes (Tiddely pom),
How cold my toes (Tiddely pom),
Are growing.
A. A. Milne

Two days ago I was singing this poem to myself as my toes went numb out on the slopes of Whistler. But today, back in Vancouver, it is spring. No jackets required! David and I are out sitting on our balcony in the clear fresh air with a quickly disappearing pot of tea, each typing away on our laptops. His requires a bit more brain power I must admit--a book report on philosophical theology; I'm just quoting A.A. Milne poems. It's absolutely lovely.
So, I'm just reporting in on the skiing. Whistler is amazing. Absolutely huge--the ridiculously long runs have you bushed by the bottom. Having Grammy Shelli to take care of Cora left Dave and I free to ski to the point of exhaustion, wander about Whistler village, sit in the hottub, and even take in a movie for the first time in ages. We saw Music and Lyrics with Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymore. The big pop star chick in it is named Cora....not a good role model for our Cora though to say the least. Just thought that was interesting since it's a more unusual name these days. It was a very enjoyable little trip, confirmed by the ache every time I move my muscles. But at least my toes are warm now.

1 comment:

azuremle said...

Love the picture of you with your wee bear! Enjoy SPRING...the main signs of it here at the daffodils! Check out our new diary entry about Anna:)