Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Cora's 7 Month Stats

We just returned from Cora's first doctor's visit in Canada. We were on a waiting list for a good family doctor recommended by some other Regent moms, so now that we're finally on board, we had to continue with her vaccination schedule. She seems like a fantastic doctor; I'm very pleased with her after our one meeting. Very efficient--we were immediately shown in to a room, a moment later the doctor was there, and we were back home within half an hour of the appointment time (the office is just around the corner). Now that's never happened to me before in the States! As a GP, she will be the one doctor for all 3 of us, including my ob/gyn. Crazy to go to one doctor for everything! But certainly handy.
So anyway, back to Cora...she's a wee little munchkin! Dave and I took a bet this morning on what her weight would be--she hadn't been weighed since 4 months old. I guessed 17, and David guessed 18. Turns out, she's only 15 and 13 oz! That's about the 25th percentile, same as before. Her length is almost 27 inches, a little over the 50th percentile. So she's long and lean. Hmmm...definitely her daddy's daughter.

I was dreading it, but she took her shots like a pro. She only had two. The first went in and she simply looked quickly around like 'what was that?' The 2nd went in the other thigh and she let out one little cry, but no tears. That was it. No sweat. What a tough chick.

However, she has had some tears for other reasons the past couple days. She seems to have hit the attachment phase. We have left her almost every Sunday for church and Tuesday for Regent chapel in a nursury with absolutely no trouble. However, this past Sunday, the nursury worker actually came and got me out of the service saying, "I think Cora needs a mommy cuddle." I went in and Cora was sobbing in the arms of one of the workers. She immediately calmed down and was very happy, enough so that I could even bring her in with me for the rest of the service. So this morning at chapel, I warned the workers about what had happened and to just get me if the same thing happened. And they did. After only 15 minutes. Again, Cora weeping huge tears, and completely smiling and happy after I came. She doesn't at all have a problem with strangers holding her, and I don't have any trouble leaving. But it seems after I'm away for a little while it upsets her. I'm very pleased she's properly bonded to me...it's a significant step in development I suppose. But it certainly is the beginning of a challenging new stage!

No comments: