Friday, August 14, 2009

New Skills

Hannah has been so excited about her new skill of pushing herself from a lying down to sitting up position that she hasn't slept in a week. Not enough anyway. Consequently, nor have I. At least twice in the night, she fails to quickly put herself back to sleep like the good old days, but sits up and starts talking, so proud of herself. Since she's sharing a room with Cora, I have to drag myself out of bed before long and go remind her that it's the middle of the night, not play time, then nurse her back to sleep. Going to bed time has been very difficult too: if I don't nurse her all the way to sleep, as soon as I lay her down she pops herself upright, even if she's dead tired.

Today after a long morning swimming with my oldest friend in the world, Erin, and her two sweet boys similar in age to Cora and Hannah, both girls were so tired. Cora curled up in her bed without a problem, but Hannah was not interested in nursing nor in lying down. She only would sit in bed and cry from being so tired. I waited and waited for her to get herself to sleep, but it was not happening. She just would not lie down! Finally, I left for a few minutes and at one point it quieted down, so I peeked in, and there were the two of them sitting in the crib together, playing with blankets. Cora piped up that she was "helping Hannah." She is an extremely empathetic little thing and can't stand for anyone to be upset.

Yesterday at naptime we had the same problem, and I thought I'd catch her on video so her daddy can have a peak. Tomorrow we'll be back home, so no more missing his girls!

No comments: