Monday, March 23, 2009

Hannah and Jessica

While we were bowling yesterday, Hannah was just passed around the entire time to many different people's arms. I finally lost track of her as there were about 50 people from our church there (it was a "small group challenge"). Finally, my friend Heather, our pastor's wife who had her own baby girl Jessica 3 days after I had Hannah, brought her back to me with a funny story. Apparently, someone had put Hannah in a lady's arms, but the lady thought she was getting Jessica. As she stood there enjoying "Jessica", she said to herself, "Why does this baby look SO much like David Jenkins?"

Isn't that crazy? I don't see it, but everyone is constantly exclaiming, "She looks just like her daddy!" But that's the clincher when someone who doesn't even know it's David's daughter thinks she looks like David.

Here are the two girls together, the toast of Dunbar Heights Baptist Church:






Another funny story about these two is that back in June, Heather and I were having a play date and Heather told me she was pregnant. I was jumping up and down in excitement for her, and then told her we might not be too far behind her, maybe 6 months or so, since we thought we might start trying for a second one in November. Little did I know, I was already expecting and would actually have a baby first!

1 comment:

Bek Wallace said...

Megan, oh my goodness, I could just eat her up ! She is so perfect and beautiful and, yes, she looks very much like her daddy.