Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Hannah's Prayer Book - A Request

My girlfriends threw me a beautiful baby shower after Hannah was born. They showered me with love and presents and a lovely tea party, but best of all, with blessings and prayers for Hannah. They created a scrapbook to hold all the prayers, and they each went around the circle and prayed allowed what they had written. Prayers like "I pray that you will grow in the knowledge and love of God, delight in his artistry, wonder at his forming you, praise for his goodness and love, and that your life will be a blessing to him and to all who know you." "May you grow into a woman of strength, confidence, compassion and love." "May you know the true freedom of walking tall in who you were made to be and letting God use you as you are to bless those around you." One of my favorites: "I pray that you would have a loving, supportive, life-giving relationship with your sister, that you would learn kindness, empathy and generosity from your father, that you would learn curiosity, confidence and playfulness from your mother, but most of all, that you might know your special place in the kingdom of God for he loves you has great plans for you."

However, this special book is only half full. For you particularly faithful friends and family that read this blog (for it takes a very faithful friend to read a blog that has such erratic and random posting), would you send me a prayer or blessing for Hannah? You could just e-mail me one line even, something I could print out and include. It would mean so much to me, and to Hannah some day.



No comments: