Thursday, September 27, 2007

Walking

I am proud to announce that Cora is a full-fledged walker. At the retreat over the weekend, with all the students and faculty paying her so much attention and coaxing her to toddle several steps back and forth between them, she gained her confidence (and her balance) and now walks everywhere instead of crawling. She's been doing a few steps here and there since her birthday of course, but always resorted to crawling when truly determined to get somewhere. She is still slow at it (fortunately), but it's so fun to see her, arms thrown out for balance, taking a tumble every now and then (on Sunday evening she took a bad one...after our long drive home, we took her and Cao for a walk down to the park to let them get some exercise. She took one long walk to Daddy and then fell against his shin and busted the inside of her lip. It bled and bled, and I had to hurry the several blocks home with blood pouring out of her mouth onto her and my clothes!)

I wanted to get a video of her walking around outside, but it's a rainy, rainy day today. So we are walking about indoors and thought we'd give you a little tour of our bedrooms while we're at it, since I described it a bit in a previous post.


4 comments:

Erin said...

Seeing the video and hearing your voice made me miss you so much! I'm going to walmart to buy a calling card after work tonight. I miss you so much!

Bek Wallace said...

Oh !!! I want she and William to play together. We miss you horribly. You have made your home so cozy and sweet. I would love to have a real fireplace this winter. HOW FUN !!

azuremle said...

Love seeing your true toddler & hearing your voice. I'll be sure to show Anna the "bideo!" as she enjoyed watching her own walking video from a year ago over and over and over this week!

C said...

Meg,

I love reading your blog! What an inspiration! Your life is unfolding beautifully and I love to keep up with all your adventures. And Cora is adorable.