Monday, June 18, 2007

Roadtrip...hooray.

It's so depressing. We're supposed to be halfway between Denver and Montana right now. Instead, we're sitting in Nashville only 4 hours from our starting point. Same place for 6 days and a whole country still to traverse. It's the transmission. Killed over on the first leg of the trip. Such a bad start.

I've been very patient. We keep saying it's God's car, God's money, God's time. We'll just hang out and trust it'll all work out. But then this morning, 6 days after we give it to the transmission guy, he calls to say the part he ordered can't be ordered. Hel-lo. What have you been doing all this time? 6 days later and you only just find out you can't get the part? He gave some excuse like there may be some other way to fix it or something, but it seems a bit fishy to me. The price keeps going up, too. Like 1000%. It started at $300 so you can do the math.

God's car, God's money, God's time. Breathe in, breathe out. Repeat.

2 comments:

Mom To B and W said...

We are waiting and waiting for you! I'm trying to be patient too. I am sure you are having fun where you are, but I asked the Lord why He couldn't have managed for you to break down here! I would have loved a week with you all!
Glad you are safe.

XShayna

Erin said...

I so sorry about your car trouble!

Erin